Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Butterfly Project

In a time such as this, when the world seems to be falling down around us, it is more important than ever to share hope with those around us. If you live in an area that has been affected by any of the recent natural disasters, know someone who does or just want to help brighten up one person's life, then please join with me in making and giving locally this month. Whether you give to a shelter, a hospital, a friend, family member or organization does not matter, it is the act of giiving that truly counts.

During this, the month of March, I ask that you give up even a few minutes of your time to make one of the following little hope-inspirers. I have yet to test any of them, but I hope they will work.

If you make one of these, or anything else for charity this month, please leave a comment to let me know what you did and how it went for you.

Without further adue, I give you the patterns:

Click image for larger version

Name: abbmk.jpg
Views: 244
Size: 57.9 KB
ID: 14410



Clicking the pictures should let you follow the links.

You may notice that they are all butterflies. This is because I was thinking of calling this the butterfly project, sending a little something special into a place where not much beauty can be found.

I hope that you will join me, please let me know if you do, or if you follow another of the disaster relief plans. After all, they are all spreading hope.

Edit: Have made 5 of the little tiny butterflies from bottom picture. They were very quick and easy to make, and I really think they are adorable:

No comments:

Post a Comment